Gardening antics.

08:35

This weekend the weather was glorious, it was warm and sunny for most of the weekend here in London. Just what I needed to sort the front and back gardens out.

I have decided to get some clip together decking this year similar to the type Ikea do, which you can pick up and store in the winter. So after getting the hubby to help me, we started in the back garden first deciding where we want the decking to go!

We settled with the top part of the garden as you walk out of the back door, for two reasons - it would stop us (and the dog) kicking up stones into the house and it also made sense! Otherwise it would be walking across stones to get to decking?? Nah!

So we had to measure and push all the stones back to reveal what was underneath and it was mainly concrete and rock. After a bit of levelling out its pretty much good to go. Just need to order the tiles..
I will post some pictures up of this once it is finished as I think it will look pretty nice.

After that we rearranged and put into place all the plants and trees that I have built up over the past year during my container gardening, Some new plants since then:

I purchased a pack of 6 ornamental grasses - 2 of 1 type. These have been planted up into the trough with my lavender.

I have also purchased a magnolia tree - its currently only small arrived in a 9" pot so it has a lot of establishing to do.

I also purchased a hydrangea which again is currently a few twigs in a pot :)

I have purchased a camellia tree also, this will be the last purchase this year as it will use my last spare plant pot :) Hopefully it will arrive this week.

........................................................................








You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hi there Kassie! I'm using the same template as yours. However, I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how to make my comment box appear. :( Can you please help me? :( I'd really appreciate it if you will. Thank you so much!

    http://stephymcst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephy,

      I didn't need to do anything specific however have you checked your Settings? Go to Settings > Posts and comments and make sure its all filled out?

      I seem to have different issues to you with my template, I do not get the image showcase at the bottom? neither do my recent posts display the square images >.<

      Delete