Whats my blogging niche?!

06:13


It has taken me a little while to write this post. I have been meaning to get back to my blog for many weeks now. However I never know what to truly write about. I follow a lot of successful and inspiring bloggers, which ranges from delicious recipes, fashion & lifestyle to gardening. They all have their specific blogging niche. I read their blogs and make notes – I want to do it all. The yummy recipes, the fashion posts, my vegetable gardening!

I am the type of person who fully intends to start and accomplish something. I give it 100% commitment for the first few weeks, maybe even months. If you have followed this blog previous to this post you will know that I am passionate about gardening. I sowed my seeds in February like I do every year with the full intention of recording its process and achieving delicious homegrown fruit & veg.

Unfortunately, like the previous year something cropped up. Then it was the pup, this year we went away on holiday and my neighbours were not available to water the plants, so I came home to a rather ill garden. This is where my blogging of the garden faulted, I was defeated and alas no more gardening blogging.

The truth is, every project I start that spurs my interests which I intend to accomplish, ends up being half baked. It’s a vicious cycle which leads to self disappointment - a habit that I need to break.

So instead of brainstorming all my interests, what I may or may not want to write about, I thought it would be best to start over. We can’t change our behaviours by thinking about them, we have to change our habits and automate the process.

Change. Change is a big red area for me, I don't like new things, I don't like anything out of my comfort zone. I have for most of my life suffered with anxiety and more recently, its friend depression. Although I believe I'm on the slow road to recovery there are still frequent relapses and grey areas, areas i have still yet to overcome.

I have discovered a lot about my anxiety and depression more recently through attending CBT.
One thing that I have learnt is, in order to overcome anxiety and depression, you have to do. This is so hard when you are very low you want to do nothing.

I sleep, a lot, however little steps to a bigger goal is achievable.

I do not want this blog to become all about my anxiety and depression. While it’s a big part of me which I want to overcome, my bigger goal for this blog is to find my niche, what I enjoy writing about and what people enjoy reading. Along the way tackling the little goals – by doing more.

So welcome to my new blogging direction, feel free to stick around and watch as my journey to a better and healthier me unfolds. I fully intend to find my blogging niche, let’s break the bad habits.

You Might Also Like

0 comments