Muddy Paws

04:13

Its been a bit longer than I planned to get this post up. However I have been super busy at work so have not had the time to update this blog. In the last post I decided to grow some more plants than last year (even though I originally stated I was going to grow less). I guess the gardening bug kicked in and I wanted to challenge myself even further.

The Raised bed came whilst I was away and my lovely neighbours who were looking after the cats managed to take the parcels in for us. Along with many bags of composts!
I planned it out and placed it where I know is the best position and got building!



The raised planter I received ended up being bigger than I had ordered. It gave me an extra 4 squares. Which I was not too unhappy about as it still fit in the chosen area. Simply more room to grow a few more things!

For my Raised bed I used Farmyard Manure, Multipurpose Compost and Top soil. Keeping Lily off the raised bed was  harder than I originally thought. She took no interest at first but quickly got in their and started digging up through the mixture to eat the manure. So along with muddy paws I had a churned up bed. I ended up having to create a net mesh to stop her getting onto it.



The following table is now accurate: and they have all been planted. Although I did change some of the layout. The mixed salad leaves and lettuce have already started to grow.







You Might Also Like

0 comments